All right, which one of you did it? Who among you readers chanced upon my blog at just the right moment and sent my blog count past the 5,000 visitor milestone? Please leave me a comment and I’ll send you a valuable prize, an old-logo company keychain.
From January 2004 to now, the geewhiz.wordpress.com blog has managed to interrupt a few people a day with a few insights on simplicity, writing, design, creativity, blogging and a slew of other categories.
The longest series
Some of you followed my personal stroke survivor series in December 7, 2006, which, when I returned to blog about it on December 10, 2006, accounted for my highest reader stat. That blog entry: “Personal, Back from the Dea d .” tallied the “best day ever” count of 399 visitors.
My all-time favorite creativity blog entry is “Do you run brainstorming sessions like futbol or paintball?” in which a sports-channel-surfing afternoon inspired me to compare a stereotypically bad brainstorming session to a game of futbol, and a succesful session to a game of paintball. (Don’t get me wrong. The former youth soccer coach and fan in me still enjoys the game, but as my mom would have said, “not inside!”)
Other top-rated blogs include:
- “10 ways to be an email rookie” which I coincidentally wrote and posted on the day of my stroke.
- “the ABCs of clear communication just got a “D” which is an original acronym I helped develop with inspiration from my technical communicating peers, Dawn, Heather, and Felicia.
- “In conclusion, let me read this slide to you.” where I posted my first ever link to someone else’s image of a real bad presentation slide.
- “Wellness IQ GetFit Team – are you looking to join a team of losers?” when I continued to captain a workplace wellness team and invited chronic ‘losers’ to join my team.
My other blogs
Along the way, I spun off three distinct blogs which allows my writing to focus on unique topics:
- Behind the Scenes – musings of a cast member in “An Evening in December,” Sacramento’s newest Christmas tradition
- luv2dance.wordpress.com – Spondylolisthesis, a big word, that temporarily put a dancer off her feet for a while, the condition, the surgery, the recovery.
- Men of God – a private, invitation-only blog for men in my worship ministries at First Cov, where we lift each other up, share our struggles, and hold ourselves accountable.
So somewhen today, geewhiz.wordpress.com hit a milestone.
Thanks for spending a moment with me. May God continue to inspire me to blog well.